Hardware Broadcast II

I have nearly the same question.
My question is how an agent like arp can use Mac broadcasting?
I know  Classifier/mac implements  a  broadcasting mechanism in copying
packet.
AttachLL (in addnode) is called  with sender node and receiver node as
parameters, i.e. LL component use unicast address
only. .  Morever the link_ member used for routing
haven't any information concerning a broadcasting address. I don't
understand how a packet to broadcast is sent from an agent to Mac
component and If I change $ll set macDA (in attachLL) to a BCAST_ADDR, I
am not sure if all the arp agent will receive a arp request (broadcasted
packet)

	Thank you for some light on this point

P. ANELLI

On 13 Oct 1998, Yuri Pryadkin wrote:
> Manor Shiri <[email protected]> writes:
>
> >  Hi,
> >
> >  My name is Shiri, I am student in the Technion Israel.
> >
> > I would like to know, is there away to support Hardware Broadcast in NS.
> >

> Can you be more specific?  There are LANs, for one thing, in ns which
> support broadcast, if that's what you need.

                                      '''
                                     (o -)
                                 Pascal ANELLI
 UPMC                                           | Tel : 33-1-44-27-71-29
 LIP 6 : Laboratoire d'Informatique de Paris VI | Fax : 33-1-44-27-62-86
 8, Rue du capitaine Scott                      |
 75015 PARIS        FRANCE                      | Bureau : C 654
 ___\o_  _'\<,_  <|\        E-mail: [email protected]
 ~~~~~~ (_)/_(_) _\         URL   : http://www.lip6.fr/rp/~pan