RE: Queue monitoring syntax!

I've been tinkering with the flow monitors and use code like this.

    #  set the links and create a flow monitor
    #
    #     r1 ---> r2
    #
    set slink [$ns link $nodes(r1) $nodes(r2) ]
    set fm [open all.fm w]
    set fmon [$ns makeflowmon Fid ]
    $ns attach-fmon $slink $fmon
    $fmon attach $fm

    $ns at $finishTime "$fmon dump"

The last command dumps the aggregate stats (bytes, packets, arrivals, drops)
etc.to the file all.fm when my simulation ends.  Checkout the file
'flowmon.cc' for the output format as it differs from the documentation.
Check out ns/tcl/test/test-suite-simple for other examples.

Now that I've said that I discovered that the flow monitor can affect the
flow stats if I call $fmon dump during the simulation. So I only call it at
the end and I count packets in the trace file to get intermediate stats.

As far as plots, I haven't figured out how to get the results into xgraph so
I'm just using Excel  :-(

Hope this helps.
art mena
USC