Scheduler::cancel()

Is there anyway to know that "I" am sending traffic? For example, at the
end of simulation, I need to stop all the traffic source, but some source
are sending traffic, while others not(in a on-off model). Normally we need
to cancel some pending event at this step, But I do not know whether or
not there is event pending. So if I call cancel(), there should be some
error in ns1. So I want to know:

How can I know there is event pending or not before I cancal event.

Thanks.
--Zhenhai
Zhenhai Duan		      	[email protected]
Computer Science Department	http://www.cs.umn.edu/~duan
University of Minnesota, TC	Phone: (612)626-7526(O)