Re: Hardware Broadcast

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Manor Shiri wrote:

> Hi,
> I am ns 1.4 user, it does not support Hardware Broadcast.
> So I consider moving to ns 2.
> Does ns-2 support Hardware Broadcast.

Shiri,

You can set the channel to broadcast mode for a given pkt (by
setting it mac destination address correctly). For details please
refer to the ns-2 documentation at

http://www-mash.CS.Berkeley.EDU/ns/ns-documentation.html

--Padma.

> What I need is that for example few nodes will
> be connected, and the agent on each node will
> be able to send message using hardware broadcast.
> I mean that all nods that connected on the Lan will receive
> the hardware broadcast message together with no delay.
> If two nodes send hardware broadcast together there will be colllision.
>

> Thanks Shiri

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar
ISI/USC.
310.822.1511 #352