ns code contribution: OTERS

Hi, Haobo. We would like to contribute the OTERS simulation code.

> > (1) which version of ns was the code written for;
ns-2.0

> > (2) a pointer to C/C++/OTcl codes as well as simulation scripts;
ftp://ftp.dsg.stanford.edu/pub/papers/oters-code-release.tar.gz

> > (3) a simple README explaining special setups needed to run
Please see ns-2.0/README after untar the above file.

> > (4) an example script illustrating the use of your protocol.
Please refer to the paper at the following location:
http://www-dsg.stanford.edu/Publications.html

  D. Li and D. R. Cheriton.
  OTERS (On-Tree Efficient Recovery using Subcasting):
  A Reliable Multicast Protocol.
  Proceedings of 6th IEEE International Conference
  on Network Protocols (ICNP'98), October 1998, pp 237-245.

Abstract:
This paper presents a reliable multicast protocol (OTERS) that organizes
receivers into a fusion tree that matches the multicast delivery tree of
the source and uses this tree to fuse NAKs and subcast retransmissions.
The protocol requires two extensions to the current Internet network
layer, namely multicast route backtracing and subcasting. We argue that
these extension are simple, natural and low overhead extensions for the
Internet. Simulations of six reliable multicast protocols demonstrate that
our approach substantially reduces the recovery latency and the traffic
load compared to previously proposed approaches.

Best regards,
Dan