Very strange sim results

Dear ns-users!

I've come across a (from my point of view) very strange behavior of ns
that I can't explain.

I run a simple simulation (I attached the script) where I
"trace-queue" one link.

>From the trace output "queue.tr" I count the # of dropped packets
doing a:

% grep ^d queue.tr | wc -l

which results in 0.

Then I run the sim again, but this time schedule one additional event:

$ns at 25.0 "puts \"Very strange.\""

I would have thought that this should not have any effect on the sim
itself. However I get a different "queue.tr", including 43 packet drop
events.

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could clear things up for me.

thx in advance,
chris

  Christof Brandauer                        [email protected]
  Student of Applied Informatics
  Department of Computer Science, University of Salzburg, Austria

test.tcl