Re: CMU's extensions to ns-2 | Routing Protocols

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Patrick Ngatchou wrote:

> Hello,
>
> this message is addressed to those of you who used or are using the CMU's
> extensions to ns-2;
>
> I downloaded and built the "monarch-extended" ns-2, but I have trouble
> running it: when I try one of my simulations (disigned fot the regular
> ns), it works just the same, but when I try running the example given in
> the accompanying documentation (the main script run.tcl with a routing
> protocol, a communication pattern and a scenario file), I have a bus
> error after 22 seconds of simulation.
>
> On the other hand, in a paper entitled "A Performance Comparison of
> Multi-Hop Wireless Ad Hoc Network Routing Protocols" are given simulation
> results of mobile ad-hoc networks with the following routing protocols:
> AODV, DSDV, DSR and TORA;
> The source code for DSDV and DSR is included in their release, but
> there's nothing for TORA and AODV.

you might want to report the bugs to the monarch mailing list at
[email protected]

> I know the mobility support from Sun and CMU are currently being
> integrated to the main ns release: can we have an idea of the new
> features?

mobility features (combined from sun/cmu implementations) in ns would look
very similar to the cmu version with aditional features from sun.

so the list would go somethng like the foll:

* wireless channel with radio propagation models (capture,hidden terminal
interference, gain, modulation etc)
* network interface controlling channel access
* LL (with ARP) and MAC protocols
* adhoc routing protocols (DSR,DSDV (cmu) and AODV(sun), and more in
  future)
* mobile IP implementation
* mobilenodes with multiple channel access and having 3D trajectory
* grid keeper - basically a central, node movement tracking tool

Hopefully I have covered them all,
--Padma.

> Thanks in advance for your cooperation, and best regards,

>  Patrick N. Ngatchou
>  COMET Group, Columbia University Center for Telecommunication Research

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar
ISI/USC.
310.822.1511 #352