Re: problems installing ns-allinone-2.1b4

And additionally bugs have been fixed where ns-allinone exits for optional
packages like cweb and sgb.
The patch is posted under ns problem's page.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,
--Padma.

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Yonghwan Kim wrote:

> Sundeep,
>
> This is just a typo.
> If my memory is correct, you need a space between "libgb.a" and "]"
> in the "install" file.
>
> Best,
> Yonghwan
>
> ----------------------------
> echo "Making sgb"
> make tests
>         if [ -f ../gt-itm/lib/libgb.a ]   <--- it was "if [ -f
> ../gt-itm/lib/libgb.a]"
>         then
>                 rm ../gt-itm/lib/libgb.a
>         fi
> cp lib*.a ../gt-itm/lib/libgb.a
> fi
>

> Sundeep Singatwaria wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to install ns but 'm getting the following error message. The problem
> > is with the makefile for "tests" target in the sgb dir.
> > Can somebody pls. let me know the fix.
> >
> > Thanks
> > -sundeep
> >
> > ar rc libtclcl.a Tcl.o Tcl2.o idlecallback.o iohandler.o timer.o rate-variable.o
> >  tracedvar.o  embedded-tcl.o embedded-tk.o embedded-tclobj.o
> > ranlib libtclcl.a
> > tclcl has been installed successfully.
> > mv Makefile Makefile.bak
> > imake -I/usr/openwin/lib/config
> > xgraph has been installed successfully.
> > Making cweb
> > cc -g  -c  ctangle.c
> > cc -g -DCWEBINPUTS=\"/usr/local/lib/cweb\" -c common.c
> > cc -g -o ctangle ctangle.o common.o
> > cc -g  -c  cweave.c
> > cc -g -o cweave cweave.o common.o
> > ./install: test: ] missing

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar
ISI/USC.
310.822.1511 #352