help on ns-2

Hello friends of ns-2:

Sorry for the disturbance, but the last few days I have been desperately
trying to make ns-2 works well on my desktop, each time I ran the
./validate script it comes up with this
	can't locate 5.00000000000xxx in @INC at ..
problem, I have visited the web site of ns-2 general problems, it says it
is something related to configuration with perl5  and they have done so
correctly with their systems. But can anybody tell me how to do this perl5
configuration ( or ns-2 configuration with perl5 )? Just tell me what you
have done to correct this problem, that will really solve my headache.

Thanks a lot for your repsonse.

Haibin