metric? procedure

Hello,

I have one question regarding  unicast routing in NS.

In the case when dynamic routing is used there exists an instance procedure of
the class rtObject called "metric?" that returns the metric of the route to
the specified destination.

Is such a procedure that returns the metric of the route between two nodes is
available for static route strategy?  I don't need dynamic routing strategy
(since for large scale simulation it takes time that all nodes exchange their
updates).

Can anybody help me?

Thanks,
Ljubica