Re: metric? procedure

Hello,

My question to the ns-users newgroup on Nov.23 was about metric? procedure
that exists in  rtObject class but not in RouteLogic class.

Kannan answered how to get metric function for the static routing:

>The routine that compute the static routes uses an array hopcnt_
>internally that it destroys after the route computation is done.
>You could change that to be a statically allocated array, and fix
>RouteLogic::compute_routes() in route.cc.  Then, you need to add
>to the RouteLogic::command() routine to read a src/dst, and return
>the hopcnt_ value.

I havent't succeeded to manage this. Do I get metric between given source "i"
and destination "j"  with  hopcnt_(INDEX(i, j, size_))? Where I can read  the
right value of hopcnt_ (that represents metric) in the
RouteLogic::compute_routes() function? If I read the hopcnt_ at the end of the
function (before it is originally destroyed) I got that the metric is always
INFINITY.

Kannan could you please help me?

Thanks in advance,

Ljubica