Ns installation

Have hunted through the and finding that I could find no reference to
prune.o I deleted its reference in the ns makefile.vc.

I had hoped that the package would then compile without trouble. However
several further errors occured during the building process.

most notably
fatal error 'false'
makefile.in is newer than makefile.

Please, please, could someone help me with this installation.

I've also tried installing the package on a unix system, with pritty
much equal success.

What am I doing wrong??

Is the version of Microsoft visual c++ important. I happen to be using
version 5!

Thank you,

Peter.