Re: HTTP question

There are two sets of http models in ns. First scripts under tcl/http/
simulates http traffic based on Mah's empirical model (Infocom'97). There
you don't have http headers, etc. All you have is the exchange of http
requests and responses of certain sizes.

Another set is under webcache/ and tcl/webcache/. These scripts aim at
providing user with the ability of exchanging http headers. Currently
the exchange is implemented as tcl callbacks, so there is no structured
definition of http headers. More details are available in the ns
documentation, the Application part.

For the second set of http code, a converter is available to convert web
server/cache traces of multiple formats into a simple intermediate format,
which can be used to drive the simulator. Currently there are 4 converters
for UCB home-IP format, DEC format, EPA server trace format and squid
proxy log format (see the Internet Traffic Archive for details of the
former 3 traces). However, they are not available in the repository yet.
Contact me if you are really interested.

- Haobo