Re: New-Reno

>I noticed that New-Reno sends less packets than Tahoe, Reno and Sack in my
>simulations.
>I run it for 3 sec, once with Tahoe, and
>once with new-reno with newreno_changes set to 1.
>
>Does anybody know what is the reason for this? Is slow start and
>congestion avoidance for New-Reno different than the other three
>implementations?

The parameter "newreno_changes_" is described on the man page.
When "newreno_changes_" is set to 1, it changes the slow-start
behavior.  The default is for "newreno_changes_" to be set to 0.

- Sally
http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/floyd/

>From the man page:

newreno_changes_

Set to zero for the default NewReno described in [7].  Set to 1
for additional NewReno algorithms as suggested in [10]; this includes
the estimation of the ssthresh parameter during slow-start.