Re: I can't use LAN broadcast! Help ME~~~~

ultracat <[email protected]> writes:

> [email protected] wrote:
> If you're using unicast addresses, and have multiple
> receivers, what
> are you setting your sender dest. address to?
>
> Hum~~ my question's mean is how can i set multiple destination in Lan Broadcast....
> There is no multiple destination setting in previous source(i sent
> my source)
> And My Object is Message Agent can get broadcast message.....
> I knew that if we useing LAN-Node and send packet in LAN , we can use
> broadcast.....
> and then how?
> duplicate packet was sended until Link layer? MAC layer?
> I know that packet is duplicated in "classifier-mac.cc"...
> if we want use hareware broadcast, Do we have to fix "ll.cc", "mac-csma.cc"?

You'll need to use multicast destination addresses for your senders, and
receivers will have to join the group to be able to receive.

If e.g. you set bcast_ variable in mcast classifier, then packets will
be replicated (every single one of them); but if they are unicast with
destination of, let's say, nodeX, then every node on the lan will
receive a copy, classify it as destined to nodeX and forward it to the
next hop towards nodeX.  If this next hop happens to be on the same
lan, the packet will be replicated again and so on.

Look at the node chapter in nsDoc about how packets are classified at a
node, and also the multicast chapter.  You'll probably need to use a
well-known group (WKG) for your agents.