Re: TCP Vegas

On Tue, 05 Jan 1999 15:05:28 PST, Chris Parsa wrote:
>Hi,
>Does anyone know the status of the TCP Vegas implementation?  I noticed
>that round-trip time measurement are not made for every transmission, but
>rather only once per round-trip time....  Anything else I should know?

I'm not sure I understand your question.
Are you suggesting that what you observe is a bug?

Vegas is covered by a test suite and a believe matches the ns-v1
implementation and approximates the Arizona and uSC implementations.
(I belive that what you're observing is part of the Vegas
``specification'', although I haven't looked at the paper in a while.)

   -John Heidemann