Re: error in making nam

Huang Hai wrote:
> Hi, I am a new user of ns. I encounter a problem while making nam, the
> error report is as follows:
[..]
> tclLoadDl.o(.text+0x19): undefined reference to `dlopen'
> tclLoadDl.o(.text+0x29): undefined reference to `dlerror'
> tclLoadDl.o(.text+0x53): undefined reference to `dlsym'
> tclLoadDl.o(.text+0x8e): undefined reference to `dlsym'
> tclLoadDl.o(.text+0xa9): undefined reference to `dlsym'
> tclLoadDl.o(.text+0xe7): undefined reference to `dlsym'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [nam] Error 1
> =====================================
> It seems that one lib of TCL is not good, but I am not sure. I use
> Tcl8.0 enclosed in ns-allinone2.1b4a.tar.gz

That is actually a FAQ (or at least it seems to be the same old
problem). See 'http://www-mash.CS.Berkeley.EDU/nam/nam-problems.html'.
You'll probably have to add a '-ldl' to the library list in the
Makefile.

Marc

PS: When reporting errors like that, always add which operating system
you're working with. That not only makes it much easier to find the
source of the problem, it also helps the developers to fix operating
system-dependent bugs and problems.

--
Marc Greis                                           [email protected]