Re: (mobile-ip) simulating mobile IP

Gier Egeland wrote:
>Does anyone know if it exists a network simulator that can simulate Mobile IP?

Charlie Perkins' group at Sun did a mobile IP implementation for ns
(the UCB/LBNL/VINT network simulator).  We are currently integrating
their mobile IP implementation into the official ns distribution.  We
expect initial results including mobile IP to show up in the daily ns
shapshots in a few weeks (see
<http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/ns-build.html> for info about how
to get ns snapshots).  Until then it should be possible to use the
snapshot of Sun's code which is availalble on the ns contributed code
page <http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/ns-contributed.html>.  We
hope to minimize the effort required for porting from Sun's ns to the
official ns with Sun's mobile IP integrated.

(In addition to the Sun mobility code, the snapshot version of ns also
includes wireless models from CMU's Monarch group.  As you can
imagine, the integration of two branches of similar functionality is
non-trivial, but we hope to include both in the next official ns
release.  Much thanks to both Sun and CMU for working with is to merge
these versions.)

   -John Heidemann
    USC/ISI

    (This message was forwarded to me; I'm not on the mobile-ip mailing
    list.  I've added ns-users to the cc.)