Re: Connecting NS with NS

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:20:50 +0100, Wesa Riihinen wrote:
>Hi all!
>
>Has anyone tried (and succeeded) to connect several
>NS-instances to each other? (Suppose one desires to
>simulate several independent cells in a cellular
>network)

That kind of a simulation doesn't require separate ns's... you could
do multiple cells in a single simulator.  (That's part of the point of
using a simulator, that it's more flexible than reality.)

However, you may want to use multiple simulators if a single
simulation doesn't fit on a single machine.  Some folks at GaTech have
been successful at doing ``federated ns'', addressing some of the
questions you allude to.  I'll let them speak up with more details if
they want.

>Communication between NS-instances and synchronization
>of them rises many questions...
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Cheers /Wesa

   -John Heidemann