Question

Hi folks,

I am a new user to NS2. I have been struggling for past month or so to
modify NS2 to make event based changes.

I have some very basic questions for which I didn't get satisfactory
answer from NS2 documentation (I have read it all). These questions are
following:

1: In tcl function always begins with code like following:

CBQLink instproc init { src dst bw delay q cl {lltype "DelayLink"} } {
        $self next $src $dst $bw $delay $q $lltype ; # SimpleLink ctor
        $self instvar head_ queue_ link_
        $self instvar  classifier_      ; # not found in a SimpleLink
#       $self instvar  drophead_ ; # not found in a SimpleLink

        $queue_ link $link_ ; # queue_ set by SimpleLink ctor, CBQ needs
$link_
        set classifier_ $cl

I don't understand what does the variable $self mean, what does next
mean, I am not clear on instvar either. Does instavar make all the
private
variables accessible.

Thank you in advance,

-Sanjay K. Agrawal,