Re: I am sorry that I do not know how to start ns2.

> Hello,
>     Thank you previous help.
> The Marc Greis's tutorial is really a good guide for me.
> However,when I try the first example, I meet a problem.
> >From the text of the first tcl script, I feel there should be an
> execute file "nam". Nevertheless, I can not find it in any directorys.

nam is also available as a self extracting binary... check it at:

http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/nam/

> There is only a directory name "nam" under the directory "ns-2".
> I do not know whether the above fact means I have not installed nam
> successfully since validate only checks ns-2 simulator.

well nam is a complete package.......not part of ns...

>     What I downloaded and installed is ns-allinone-2.1b4a.
>     By the way, what is the difference between nam.1 and nam?

ns-allinone-2.1b4a is not recoed for wins...

nam.1 is documentation for nam
nam is the exe for it...

I recomend intalling the binaries and giving including it in ypour path

HTH
Sukesh