Re: compilation problem

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999 10:57:23 +0100, Frederic Jacot wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a problem with file mem-trace.h during the ns-2.1b4 compilation.
>The problem is not listed in the help web page and tcl-debug doesn't
>change anything. Does anyone know what I can do ?
>The output is the following :
>
>In file included from scheduler.cc:49:
>mem-trace.h:59: field `utime_' has incomplete type
>mem-trace.h:59: field `stime_' has incomplete type
>make: *** [scheduler.o] Error 1

Utime and stime are "struct timeval".  Find where that's defined on
your system.  Modify the code after #ifdef HAVE_GETRUSAGE to include
whatever include files are missing.

To help others, send the mailing list your OS, a symbol that's defined
by your compiler to indicate the OS (like sunos or hpux), and the
include files you had to add.

(Probably the Right Fix (in the long term) is to have autoconf make
sure timeval is defined with AC_EGREP_HEADER, in which case for you
this feature would just be disabled.)

   -John