fault of my nam, urgent help needed!

Hello, all,
    I am sorry that I am still suffering with the fault of NAM.
Last time, I said I met the fault of NAM.
 "./nam-1.0a6: error in loading shared libraries
   libotcl.so can not open shared object file: No such file or
directory"

    I have set the variable PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. And the file,
libotcl.so, is just in the directory of "otcl".

    I really do not know why I still meet such a terrible fault.

    Today, I tried re-download otcl package and (configure, make and
make install it). It looks OK. After that, I changed the directory name
"otcl-1.0a3" to "otcl" and put it under the directroy
"ns-allinone-2.1b4a". Howeve, there is still no any progress.
   After then, when I run "configure" of nam, I transfer stdout to a
file. There is some information apprear in my screen. They are
"Invalid configuration 'i686-unknown-linux': machine 'i686-unknow' not
recognized"
"Invalid configuration 'i686-unknown-linux': machine 'i686-unknow' not
recognized"
"Invalid configuration 'i686-unknown-linux': machine 'i686-unknow' not
recognized"
"'./configure: test: =: unary operator expected"

I am not sure whether above information is the reason that I could not
run nam.

    I am really suffering with the fault.

    Sincerely Yours,

                Sun Kai