Re: Question on mac-test.tcl

"Laura-Lei Liu" <[email protected]> writes:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I looked into ns-lib.tcl file, there is a line " source ../lan/vlan.tcl".
> But
>  "source ../lan/ns-lan.tcl" and "source ../lan/ns-mac.tcl" are there
> ahead of it. I tried "source ../lan/vlan.tcl" in mac-test.tcl, it give me
> the same error message.

That means that ns-lan.tcl is superseded by vlan.tcl.  If you wish,
you can comment out ns-lib.tcl altogether.

> I would like to know what the following error message means:
>
> 	 _o18: unable to dispatch method trace
> 	 while executing
> 	"$lan trace $ns $trfd "
> 	(file "./mac-test.tcl" line 160)

As I said, it means that mac-test.tcl hasn't been updated after LAN
architecture was changed.

It means that OTcl cannot find method "trace" in a lan object ($lan).
And it cannot find this method because there isn't one.  Don't use
mac-test.tcl as it is.  If you must, you'll have to add whatever other
methods may be missing.  Or you can try commenting out the offending
line 160 from mac-test.tcl and see if it works that way.