Re: Connection-oriented networks

Senthilkumar Rajasekharan wrote:

> Filipe,
>
> Packet switched networks like IP do support "connection oriented "
> protocols like FTP protocol, in that sense its possible to simulate a
> connection oriented network in ns-2.
>
> -Senthil

    Well, I understand that, but I believe that in packet-switched networks two
different packets belonging to the same TCP connection, for instance, may follow
different paths, right?
    I would like to be able to set-up a connection and to force all the packets
belonging to that connection to get through the same path (maybe that's what
happens in fact, with most routing protocols, unless a link is changed).
    Simulating a connection-oriented network is something easy to do with ns-2?
Is there anything already done?
    Regards,

    Filipe Machado de Araujo.