Re: Route Computation

David Lapsley <[email protected]> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I am having a lot of trouble trying to work out how
> routes are computed in ns. Specifically, how the
> connection is made between a node's classifier_
> and the appropriate queue (e.g. DropTail). I had thought
> this was done in the "compute-routes" function in
> ~ns-2/tcl/lib/ns-route.tcl, but then I had a look at
> the simulator startup function, "run" and the appropriate
> line was commented out!
>
> Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> David.
>
> PS: here is an the start of Simulator run...
>
> Simulator instproc run {} {
> 	#$self compute-routes
>
> 	$self check-node-num
> 	$self rtmodel-configure			;# in case there are any
> 	[$self get-routelogic] configure

The previous line does just what you are looking for (see
tcl/lib/ns-route.tcl)

In the simplest case it calls Agent/rtProto/Static::init-all {}
(tcl/rtglib/route-proto.tcl)

And only then, the method Simulator::compute-routes is called.

BTW, you can use a tcl debugger to trace the whole sequence.

  -Yuri