NS & NAM Installation Problems

I am attempting to install the NS all-in-one package on a pentium
running RH 5.2.
The basic installation seemed to run okay, and the ./validate seems to
indicate
a successful install for ns-2. I have even been able to run some of the
demo tests
and see the xgraph output.  However, I have run into two or three things
that I'm
not sure how to address:
1. function geo (in file geog.c) had a number of compiler syntax errors.
2. the i686 linux configuration was unknown.
3. nam-1 apparently needed a link to the dynamic libraries added to the
Makefile
These errors are at:
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~randle/NS_errors.txt

I think I was able to resolve Error 3 by adding "-ldl" to the LIB=
specification in the
nam-1/Makefile and then re-executing it (with no apparent errors).

I have no idea where to start on the first 2 errors and would appreciate
any guidance.

--
John
[email protected]