Re: Re[2]: orientation of simplex-link

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Huang Hai wrote:

> Thanks a lot. I do use grep to find some keywords, but I don't know how to
> grep into one or more subdirectories.

grep Enable *
grep Enable */*
grep Enable */*/*
etc.

is a trifle inelegant, but works fine for me.

> You know, there is a lot of
> subdirectories in ~ns/tcl.

I tend to spend a lot of time doing:

grep blah ~ns/tcl/*
grep blah ~ns/tcl/*/*
etc.

hmmm, being able to use the cvs web interface to view all changes by
date across the entire tree would be extremely useful in this sort of
situation. (I'm not sure if any of the homegrown mozilla cvs tools
would come in handy for this, or how easy they would be to interface.
mozilla's Bonsai looks like a _lot_ of work to implement.)

> Concern snapshot, I don't know how to access it though I have seen several
> times in this maillist. There is no snapshot entry in ns homepage. Where
> is it?

http://www-mash.CS.Berkeley.EDU/ns/ns-build.html
see 'daily snapshot'. You many need a recent tclcl snapshot, too.

Cheers,

L.