Re: Monitoring

Hi,

I can only answer your second question. The following script installed an
error model ($em) on the simplex-link from $node0 to $node1. You can refer to
Chapter 11 of "ns Notes and Documentation" for more information about error
model.

    set em [new ErrorModel]
    $em unit byte
    $em set rate_ 0.01
    $em drop-target [new Agent/Null]
    [$ns set link_([$node0 id]:[$node1 id])] install-error $em

It seems to me that you MUST specify a drop-target or ns won't drop the error
packets.

AS> Hi all

AS> How can I collect aggregate statistics of a simulation ? For example, I
AS> want to know the total number of packets dropped on a link during the
AS> course of simulation. How do I go about doing that ? The ns notes and
AS> documentation mentions about monitoring support. But I am not sure what
AS> should go into my sim. script.

AS> Another thing - can I have loss rates set on per link basis ? If so, how ?

AS> Thanks,

AS> aman

AS> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
AS> ------------------------------------------------------------------------

AS> Aman Shaikh

AS> 401 Heller Dr, Box # 30         Department of Computer Enginnering
AS> Santa Cruz, CA - 95064          1156, High Street
AS>                                 Santa Cruz, CA - 95064

AS> Tel : 831-502-7415 (Home)

AS> e-mail : [email protected]
AS>          [email protected]

Best regards,
 Huang                            mailto:[email protected]