Re: Problem

John Heidemann wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Mar 1999 15:14:43 CST, Rui Li wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have just installed a current ns release 2.1b4a into my
> >computer(under Sun 4.0). It has passed the validation. But when I run some
> >examples downloaded from  Marc Greis's tutorial web pages, nothing happens
> >but just enters the ns environment. There is even no error message or
> >other prompt. Do you have the same experience? Can you do me a favor to
> >tell me the solution? Thanks.

Hm... I don't think I really understand what you (Rui Li) mean with
"enters the ns environment" here.

> I believe there were some problems with his examples in the last
> release, but don't remember the specifics (you might try looking in
> the mailing list archives).

I have to admit that I am somewhat behind with checking my examples
with the newer releases, especially since I am still using my "hacked"
2.1b3 version. ;) But the only "problem" that I have heard of so far
was that ns had to use the backward compatibility mode, so I assumed
that there weren't any serious problems.

> The upcoming release (and current snapshots) contains a test suite
> that includes Marc's sample problems so divergence between the samples
> and the implementation should be automatically caught.  (And either
> fixed or documented.)

That would be a great help!

Another note: Usually, when there's a problem with the examples from
the tutorial, it's probably best to contact just me instead of the
whole mailing list, unless it seems to be a problem with ns itself.

Marc

--
Marc Greis                                           [email protected]