Re: Users and Programmers Manual

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Torsten Mueller wrote:

> > >there has been a question about references how to program ns modules.
> > >I have seen a users and programmers manual on the web.
> > >It covers an extension to ns, but maybe it is also useful.
> > >(I havent checked that)
> >
> > Can you give the URL ? :)
> > I got a tutorial about ns .. but couldn't find a kind of "programmer
> > manuel" ..
> http://freebsd1.lums.edu.pk/~umair/NS/doc/index.html

That's an out-of-date and modified version of the ns version 1 manual
to document a derived ATM node class that some students in Lahore who
don't answer their mail hacked up as an undergraduate project. Since
it's ns version 1, it's not even describing OTcl.

(Still, if you're interested in adding ATM support it's an interesting
 starting point.)

He'd do better with the actual real manual at:

http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/ns-documentation.html

L.