RED trace

I realize that several questions about trace has been answered in the
past.  However, it seems that I am still missing some points with regard
to using trace.

In red.cc, it says:

/*
 * Routine called by TracedVar facility when variables change values.
 * Currently used to trace values of avg queue size, drop probability,
 * and the instantaneous queue size seen by arriving packets.
 * Note that the tracing of each var must be enabled in tcl to work.
 */

void
REDQueue::trace(TracedVar* v)
{........

My questions are:

1. Where is "TracedVar" defined?
2. How do I "enable the tracing" of the variables "ave", "prob" and
"curq" in tcl?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Fion