Re: libotcl.so

The reason is you don't have write permission to copy libotcl.so into
/usr/local/lib.  One quick workaround for you is to replace the
following line in Makefile.in
	INST_OLIBSH=	@INST_OLIBSH@
	INST_OLIBSH=	@prefix@/lib

and re-run `configure'.

Nader

>>> "Harlisya" == Harlisya Harun <[email protected]> writes:

Harlisya> Hi,, I do not know what's wrong with my ns... whenever I
Harlisya> invoke the ns command, I received these error messages:

Harlisya> ld.so.1: ns: fatal: libotcl.so: open failed: No such file or
Harlisya> directory

Harlisya> I have browsed the NS installation problems web site, but
Harlisya> does not help much.... I have installed all the ns stuff
Harlisya> into my home directory instead of usr/local... Therefore, I
Harlisya> have set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH into my home directory... or is
Harlisya> there anything missing from my .cshrc file?

Harlisya> part of my cshrc file (that indicate the nsallinone
Harlisya> directory): : :

Harlisya> #setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Harlisya> "$OPENWINHOME/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/opt/SUNWmfwm/lib"
Harlisya> #setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/ccs/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Harlisya> #setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Harlisya> $SPARCWORKSHOME/lib:/usr/ucblib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Harlisya> #setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Harlisya> /usr/local/simulabin/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH setenv
Harlisya> LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Harlisya> /home/thomas/harlisya/NS/otcl:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH : : set path
Harlisya> = ($path /home/thomas/harlisya/NS/bin)

Harlisya> : :

Harlisya> So, far, my attempts are: (1) "find . -name 'libotcl.so'" in
Harlisya> the ns directory. The libotcl.so is indeed in the otcl
Harlisya> directory... and I have already add the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
Harlisya> it in my cshrc file (please refer above)

Harlisya> (2) I have downloaded the current version of otcl and
Harlisya> installed it...  but, still have the same problems...

Harlisya> I really appreciate any help!

Harlisya> Thank you.

Harlisya> harlisya