Drops ; Packets and/or/not ACKs

 Hi all,

 When you attach a two state loss model on a duplex link using
 `link-lossmodel' after a queue, a packet is lost if it happens to be on the
 channel when the channel state was bad. Does this apply to the ACK packet
 as well, or do the ACK packets get through regardless of the channel
 state?
 It seems to me that ACKs get through anyway.

 If this is true, is it possible to define, for a TCP session, a forward
 link for packet transmissions and a backward link for ACKs? (and hence be
 able to define different loss statistics on each, which might not be a
 good reflection for all real network situations, but would still help a
 lot).

 If you think this is answered somewhere (Archives or nsDoc), please inform
 me where since I haven't found mention of these important details
 anywhere.

 Thank you in advance for clarifying this matter.

 --Hussein
 Electrical Engineering Department,
 University of Washington, Seattle.