handler function

Hi,

can someone explain the following to me:

Some objects have a handler() and a recv() method. To me it seems that if
object A wants to schedule an event at object B,

-  it calls schedule and the handle() method at object B is invoked. (Y/N)?
-  When the handle() method at object B doesn't exist, it's recv() method is
invoked. (Y/N)
- When bypassing the scheduler, object A uses target_->recv(p,h) and object
B's recv() function is invoked directly by object A (Y/N)?

- So what's the function of the handler exactly?
- Why should you use the bypass instead of always the scheduler (because you
want to avoid the handler??)

Regards, Sjoerd Janssen