Re: Nam display for large graphs

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Shuqian Yan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am just wondering whether you can provide some pointers as how to
> configure the nam layout for a large graphs, e.g. a few hundred nodes.

Well, I have the advantage that the network topologies I'm looking at
are pretty much symmetrical, so I just let nam's autoplacing get on
with it, and only minor tweaking of springiness etc is needed.

This is actually a tricky problem in general - ideally you'd want to
be able to assign springiness etc to defined parts of your networks,
so that the various bits are drawn appropriately, which would involve
passing hierarchy hints to nam for various subnetworks...

um, haobo?

L.

nam layout is the least of my problems...