Re: References

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 17:36:06 GMT, "Randa" wrote:
>Hello All,
>I want to reference "NS manual pages" and "NS notes and Documentation" but I find problems in locating the exact authors of those 2 documents.

Authorship is listed on the front page:
Kevin Fall and Kannan Varadhan and the VINT project.

>Also, when I reference NS Simulator as :
>S. McCanne and S. Floyd, NS - Network Simulator, http://-------
>I do not know what date should I put in teh reference?

It's not clear that date means a lot here.  You could use the release
date of your release, I suppose, or of the first release.

By the way, there are two technical reports now available describing
ns and nam:

	Improving Simulation for Network Research
and
	Network Visualization with the VINT Network Animator Nam

Links to both will appear on
<http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/ns-research.html>
by tomorrow.

The first paper might be appropriate to cite about ns if you'd rather
cite a paper.

   -John Heidemann