Re: Subject : Re: join trace

 Hi,
  I am not very sure which PIM code you use for your experiment. If in
 strict sense,  it should be the PIM-SM implementation in older version of
 ns2 (ns-2.1b4 and before) The current ns2 version is not longer support
 this PIM-SM anymore, I assume you are well awared of this?

 Back to your question, I had done some experiment with the "strict
 sense" PIM-SM in ns-2.1b4 platform. You can tell whether a pkt is a
 join/prune pkt from the fid or class number in the *.tr file. Pls check
 the code again, the initialize part, join pkt has a fid == 106 and prune
 pkt has fid == 112. The fid is appeared in column 8 of the trace file,
 immediately after "--------".

 Hope it helps.

 shuqian