Re: tclsh8.0.4

Hello Stefan,

In a perfect world, the configuration should look for tclsh8.0, and
NOT tclsh8.0.4.  Tcl/Tk 8.0.4 produce binaries with the 8.0 prefix.  I
modified our own OTcl and TclCl configuration scripts so they look for
the 8.0 prefix.  However, it seems like there is a place or two where
I must have overlooked.

I re-installed ns on my machine.  Instead of looking for tclsh8.0, the
configuration script looked for tclsh8.0.4 and it failed to locate it,
but the installation DID NOT FAIL since I have a copy of `tclsh' in
/local/bin.  That is why we could not catch the bug before the release
since all machines we tested the code on had /local/bin/tclsh.

I will announce a patch shortly but in the mean time your solution of
making a symbolic link from tclsh8.0 to tclsh8.0.4 should work.  I
appreciate your time and effort on this matter.

Best,
Nader

>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Dresler <[email protected]> writes:

Stefan> Hello, Nader,

>> If possible, run `autoconf' both in otcl-1.0a4 and tclcl-1.0b8, and
>> re-install ns, and let me know what happens.

Stefan> First of all a question to you: what *should* be the correct
Stefan> behaviour?  Is there supposed to be a tclsh8.0.4 executable
Stefan> somewhere (then we should be looking at the installation
Stefan> process of tcl, not the one of otcl and tclcl, I guess. The
Stefan> file config.status seems to tell me we *are* looking for an
Stefan> executable named tclsh8.0.4, aren't we?:
Stefan> s%@V_TCLSH@%../tclbox/bin/tclsh8.0.4%g ), or are the
Stefan> "configure"s of otcl and tclcl supposed to look for and use an
Stefan> executable names tclsh8.0?

Stefan> Ok, let's see. When I remove the symbolic link from tclsh8.0.4
Stefan> to tclsh8.0, I get the following for otcl:

.
.
.

Stefan> Bottom line: the same errors I had before ;-) Did that help?
Stefan> In any case thank you very much for helping!

Stefan> Yours, Stefan