Re: ns-2.1b5 and CMU mobility code

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Samir Ranjan Das wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I downloaded and started playing with the CMU/Monarch contributed
> mobile networking code.  (the new release v2.1b5).
> However, I have several problems. Being new to ns, I am not
> sure how to debug it yet. But I am working on it. If
> you plan to use this code, please read on.  If you are from CMU/Monarch
> please help.
>
> Fisrt a comment:
>
> 1. The validation script provided is kind of meaningless.  It stops
>    at time 10. But the first time any source starts sending is
>    around time 22. Also looks like the nodes do not move before
>    time 600. So not much intereseting happens with the script
>    provided. So please increase stop time.

That is a valid bug. The initial scenario file (where nodes moved and sent
traffic at t=0 - scen-1500x300-50-0-20-1) was replaced by a smaller sized
scenario (scen-670x670-50-600-20-2) which starts around t=20.
so you are right, the sim time should be increased.

> Now the problems:
>
> 2. If you run with assertion on (w/o flag -DNDEBUG at complie),
>    some assertions fail.
>
>    In DSR: assert(cmnh->direction() == -1) fails in dsragent.cc
>    If I comment it out, assert(initialized()) fails in wireless-phy.cc
>    in function senddown.
>
>    Both of these happens around the same sim time when the first traffic
>    source becomes active. That's when DSR will send any packet.
>
>    In DSDV: same story ..
>    assert(initialized()) fails in wireless-phy.cc in function senddown.
>    This happens very early in simulation (may be time 0), probably at
>    the time when DSDV starts sends route updates.

I think Ya is working on putting these bugs out on the ns-problem's page,
as we speak.

Thanks for pointing the bugs out,
--Padma.

> Samir

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Thoreau

Padmaparna Haldar
ISI/USC.
310.822.1511 #352