Odd deque behaviour of CBQ

Hi,

I'm implementing a priority-based queueing algorithm based on the CBQ
code.  After doing many simulations, I realise that certain packets are
not sent out immediately when the down stream link is empty.  In fact, it
waits till the next packet from upstream before being sent out. The
comment of the deque() function of CBQ states that the deque() function
would only be invoked when the down stream neighbor does a "resume" or
when the upstream neighbor sends a packet.  Would this cause a situation
where a packet in the queue is not sent out immediately even when the down
stream link is free?  Thanks.

regards,
KJ Loh