problem with Nam release 1.0a7 topology editor

Hi,
	I've installed ns-allinone release 2.1-b5 which has nam-1.0a7 (on
PII-400 Linux box , redhat 5.2). I'm trying to construct a simple topology
with the nam editor (using toolbar etc). But whenever I try to create a
link between any two nodes, nam crashes with a segmentation fault.

(to be precise, here is the sequence of steps that I used for creating a
link after some nodes were created.

1.Select "Link' from the toolbar.
2.Click (left) on a node (a square appears around the node at this point)
3.Click on another node. (At this point nam crashes with segmentation
fault)
)

Am I missing something here? Any help in this regard would be greatly
appreciated.
thanks,
-Nilesh