some pointers needed

Hello, ns-users around the globe

I have the following questions, and I would appreciate it if anyone of you
in the mailing list can provide me with some pointers or related document
which I can refer to.

My question is:

(1) How does the call blocking probability is done in traditional
telecommunication industry? what are the terminologies that telecomm
people used in their measurement? and How does this measurement is
different than that of current Internet?

(2) I am thinking that in order to measure the call blocking probability,
we need to vary the network load. What does this load distribution look
like for traditional telecommunication world? and what was the load
distribution for the current Internet then?

Thank you!

shuqian