Re: posting to ns-users mailing list

On 8 Apr 1999, Yuri Pryadkin wrote:

> Dear NS users,
>
> As a new guideline for posting to this list, please consider NOT
> posting your messages in a charset other than plain ASCII

Hmm, I thought there were moves to deprecate ASCII as a standard... I
take it ISO-8859-x is completely acceptable?

> and NOT
> encoding your message with base64, UU or anything else unless it is a
> binary attachment, as it is making unnecessary hard for some of us to
> read them.  Posting HTML-ized messages is probably not a good idea
> either.

I'd say 'no attachments' is a good general rule for any mailing list;
provide URLs where the interested can download tracefiles etc instead.

cheers,

L.

MS-TNEF attachments are the bane of my life...