Re: ns

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Roman A Pletka wrote:
> Khorchani Houcine wrote:
> >
> >  my question is about integration of a new file in the ns components.
> >  i work on linux and using ns version 2 (ns-2.1b4) to simulate un
> > algorithm.
> >  i wrote the source code (fred.cc, fred.h). this source is placed in ns
> >  directory with the object file (fred.o).
>
> Did you add fred.o in your Makefile (under OBJ_CC = )?

(scratches head) Why should he need to do that, when the functionality
is presumably included somewhere else in ns via #include, and a
compile should pick up on that?

http://titan.cs.uni-bonn.de/~greis/ns/nsnew.html
(okay, http://titan.cs.uni-bonn.de/~greis/ns/ns.html
and section VII)

Do 'make depend', and build them both together.

cheers,

L.

who has just searched the nsDoc of 1st April to find it doesn't
mention make depend - snarfing the tutorial would be a good idea.