Re: your mail

> Hi ,
> I use the PIM-SM protocol implemented in NS-2.1b4 ,But i am not quite
> clear about the functionality of some points :
> -->How to make one RP for specific group?

the 'simple' pim-sm implementation in that version of the release
supports RP candidacy for all groups. If you want to specify RP candidacy
for individual groups, you'd have to add group prefix and group mask, and
allow for multiple CRP flags.

> -->How to start the bootstrap mecanism in order to make RP points
> dynamically ?

initially the bootstrap mechanism is called once and operates in a
centralized fashion to assign the RPset.
The periodic refreshes for the bootstrap messages are not implemented in
details.
What you can do to adapt to daynamics (e.g. a node failing) is to
re-invoke the bootstrap mechanism [PIM proc config], but you have to make
sure that the changes (either the deletion of the failed node objects or
the change in the CRP flag), take effect before you invoke this
procedure, otherwise you'll end up with the same RP again.
[check the file pim-init.tcl]

> -->How to switch to the SPT tree?

I don't think that's supported by that code. The code supports shared
trees, and SPT trees (via source specific joins), but doesn't support the
switch between them, as I recall,

hope this helps,
-A