Re: ns emulator on redhat Linux

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, John Heidemann wrote:

> Although libpcap is available for Linux, ns uses bpf to do packet
> output.  bpf is not available for Linux (to my knowledge), so you
> would have to port it.

Oddly enough, this cropped up in end2end-interest discussion yesterday
in a discussion of tcpdump and Why It Sucks For Sniffing Because It
Uses bpf ; bpf is added to the Linux 2.2 kernels.

ftp://ftp.isi.edu/end2end/

L.

"Tcpdump is lame.  The main thing that recommends it is that it is
 widely available." - Vernon Schryver, winning friends, that thread.