Re: where to add marker for packets (for diff-serv)

Urs Thuermann <[email protected]> writes:

> [email protected] (Yuri Pryadkin) writes:
>
> > Urs Thuermann <[email protected]> writes:
> >
> > > Since in contrast to the ns documnetation a node has no entry_
> > > instance variable, I tried to insert my packet marker in place of the
> > > node's classifier:
> > >
> > > 	set n [$ns node]
> > > 	set m [new Marker]
> > > 	$m target [$n set classifier_]
> > > 	$n set classifier_ $m
> >
> > See 'Node instproc entry'
>
> I can't use entry{} to install my packet marker in front of the
> classifier.  entry{} only allows you to *get* a reference to the
> node's entry point.
>
> I still don't know how to place the packet marker into the node.

Well, you can call it a hack, but it seems to me that you could derive
your Marker from AddressClassifier, override recv(...) so that it does
your marking first and then calls AddressClassifier::recv(...); an
alternative would be to hack ns tcl node structure.

Have a look at filter.h, filter.cc.

> urs

 - Yuri