ns in Linux?

Hi, everyone:

    I am trying to install the latest release ns-2.1b5 on Caldera Open
Linux.
When I tried to build otcl, I got an error like:

./configure

No .configure file found in current directory
Continuing with default options...
checking host system type... i586-unknown-linux
checking target system type... i586-unknown-linux
checking build system type... i586-unknown-linux
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot create
executables.

Could anyone give me some advice on that? Thanks in advance.

Rafael Berenguer