Re: ns in Linux?

Rafa Berenguer wrote:

> Hi, everyone:
>
>     I am trying to install the latest release ns-2.1b5 on Caldera Open
> Linux.
> When I tried to build otcl, I got an error like:

> ./configure

> No .configure file found in current directory
> Continuing with default options...
> checking host system type... i586-unknown-linux
> checking target system type... i586-unknown-linux
> checking build system type... i586-unknown-linux
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... yes
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
> checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
> checking for c++... c++
> checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot create
> executables.
>
> Could anyone give me some advice on that? Thanks in advance.
>
> Rafael Berenguer

I got the same problem when installing ns on solaris because
the c++ compiler was not able to find its library.
I solved it by defining the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
point to the right directory e.g. 'setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib"'.
I think this should be enough to solve you problem.

Ludovic Kuty.